Sunday, November 25, 2007
Okay Mom, you asked for it!
Umm let's see. Derek picked me up on Friday and we went to his house for a bit. We ate and hung out with his parents and left for the DIA around 9:30, got there at 10 (it was open 36 hours straight for the Grand Opening) and wow, it was amazing! At the main entrance there was a red carpet, and the atrium had gold sparkles dangling from the ceiling, it was so beautiful. They had a band playing in the courtyard, and they were serving champagne and wine. Derek and I spent two hours walking around before we got tired and the noise was starting to bother us (it was really crowded).

Some of my favorites:


The Nut Gatherers, William-Adolphe Bouguereau



Bank of the Oise at Auvers, Vincent Van Gogh







Self-Portrait, Vincent Van Gogh





Hygeia, Goddess of Health, Peter Paul Rubens





La Depeche de Toulouse, Maurice Denis




Leisure Hours, John Everett Millais





The White Pierrot, Pierre Auguste Renoir


Derek and I were so tired when we got home that we fell asleep right away. We got up around noon, ate, watched a movie, and took a nap, and when we woke up...it was 10 pm!! We lost nearly an entire day. We tried to stay up all night and the next day to make up for it, but we fell asleep around 2 am but we woke up at 9 this morning. Becky called and said she was coming down today, so we met them at Derek's house this afternoon (she brought Emily and Justin Peruski with her) and drove to the DIA together. We all enjoyed it.

Okay, I'm going to bed now.

posted by Amanda at 7:47 PM |

2 Comments:

At November 26, 2007 at 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
That is cool. I should see if your dad would like to go during the Christmas Holiday. I would love to go see it. I'm glad you two got to go. Tell Derek hello for me. Bye!
mom
 


At November 26, 2007 at 5:05 PM, Blogger Mary said........
how much does it cost to go to the DIA right now?

I'd love to go...haven't been there in years and I've heard from other people it's amazing too.