Sunday, November 4, 2007
So yesterday when we got back to my place Derek and I had a nap, and then I actually cooked! I made spaghetti and chopped up that pineapple and did my dishes and then made some peanut butter cookies. They turned out nice and chewy and moist, and the spaghetti was good too. Derek and I watched Children of Men and then read until we fell asleep. When we woke up, Derek took me to the store and I picked up some laundry soap, that The Works cleaner stuff, a sponge, some paper towels, and air freshner stuff. He took me home and left, and I put in two loads of laundry and spent about two hours on the bathroom. It wasn't filthy, but it was pretty dirty so I went to town on it. I scrubbed the toilet, bathtub, sink, and cabinets; I vaccuumed and mopped the floor, cleaned the mirror, and got all the cobwebs off the light fixture. I just finished a little bit ago, but my laundry STILL isn't dry. There's a nice new washer, but the dryer looks pretty old. I made a sandwich and ate some yogurt, and now I'm waiting for my laundry so I can put in another load and get my sheets on my bed. When I get the next load going I'm going to get back to work. I have an essay on Taxi Driver for my film class due tomorrow, so I'm going to write that while I'm doing laundry and putting away clothes, and then I have to get my desk and closet organized and take the trash out. When I get all that done I'm going to sit and read the new manuscript until I get tired and fall asleep. All in all it's been a pretty productive day.
posted by Amanda at 1:01 PM |

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2007 at 6:24 AM, Blogger mom said........
Sounds like you had a good day. We had a couple look at the house on Sat. and they really liked it. I hope we hear something soon. Change your blog so anyone can post. I did that so Jer doesn't have to keep remembering his password. Angela too.
 


At November 5, 2007 at 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
It was really good seeing you. It was also very nice meeting Derek. He seems like a great guy. I hope all is well with you and if you want, I will email som epics of the kids in their costumes. Love you.