Thursday, November 8, 2007
Not much more to write about. I got a lot of cleaning done on Sunday, and then I went to class Monday night and watched The Player, it's some early 90s movie. I wasn't that impressed. After class Alaina and I got a Howie Nowie, a $4 pizza that's ready when you get there, it was so good. We split it so it was actually only $2 each. On Tuesday I slept kinda late, didn't do much, Derek came over and we went to class. We watched a video about circumcision, they showed a baby being circumcised, it was awful. I felt so bad for it. We took a break and then we watched a movie about female excision, which, if you didn't know, is when they remove a woman's clitoris. Ugh, it was even worse. They do it a lot in Africa I guess, the girls are usually about 10-15. They do it because the men believe that women shouldn't experience pleasure in sex, or that if they keep it they'll become nymphomaniacs. A lot of messed up stuff like that. If you don't get it done in those cultures, no one will marry you and you'll be an outcast. Anyway, they showed it being done on a 15-year-old girl. They didn't have any anesthesia, of course, so she was completely conscious. Ugh, four women held her down and another woman did it with an old razor blade, then they cleaned it with boiling water. It was really hard to watch, but the girl chose to do it and she said afterward that she was glad. It was so messed up.

After class Derek and I went and got some McDonald's, I was craving a chicken sandwich. We also watched some of 2001: Space Odyssey that we rented from the library, but it was so boring that I fell asleep. We finished it the next morning. I thought it was stupid and a waste of time, but Derek liked it. Derek was kinda sick though, I made him oatmeal and stuff. He went home last night and took some medicine and had some soup, and he said he's feeling better now. I hope I don't get sick.

My room's a mess as usual, so I'm going to get everything tidied and put away and do my dishes, then probably try to finish reading that manuscript. I've only got 50 or so pages left, but 50 pages of manuscript is a lot more pages in a book. Oh well, I think I'll probably finish it tonight or tomorrow and then get my report written. I need to get stamps so I can send it out, too.

Hope everyone's well, and yes Ang please email me the pics, I'd like to see them if you don't mind.
posted by Amanda at 12:32 PM |

1 Comments:

At November 12, 2007 at 5:38 AM, Blogger mom said........
Ewww, That sounds so gross. That poor girl. Hope everything is going well for you Amanda. You sound like your in better spirits since you moved. Call me soon.
Love you,
Mom