Friday, January 4, 2008
Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I'll try to be better about it.

Last night Derek had me over for dinner at his parents' house. His grandparents and a few of his aunts and uncles were there too. His mom made "fried pizza", which apparently she hasn't made in 35 years. It reminded me of the dough balls they have at Charmont's. She made a big piece of fried dough for everyone, and then smothered them in her homemade sauce and we sprinkled mozzerella cheese and pepperonis on them. The dough was so good, she made it completely from scratch.

After that the night went downhill. Derek was getting pretty sick, he was all congested and coughing and miserable, and neither of us could sleep all night and we kept snapping at each other and getting in stupid fights because we were so tired. We finally fell asleep around 4 am and then he went home this afternoon to sleep some more. I made myself spaghetti for dinner and read for a while, but I fell asleep again! I couldn't believe it, I'd only been awake for like 4 hours. I hope I'm not getting sick too.

Still waiting for my check, and I'm going to finally return all those applications tomorrow if I'm not sick. I read Ang's blog about her and Aubrey being sick, I really hope they get better. I hope Derek doesn't have what they have as well. Ugh.
posted by Amanda at 11:55 PM |

4 Comments:

At January 5, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
JOIN THE CROWD....WERE ALL SICK. I HOPE DEREK GETS BETTER SOON. GOOD TO SEE YOU UPDATED.
MOM
 


At January 5, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I'm affraid he has the head cold we all have been or are victums of. It's the kind that stays in your head and not in your chest. Kinda like an M&M.

Mom, can you turn your caps lock off? Whats with all the capital letters haha. If I didnt know any better I would think you were yelling!
 


At January 5, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
NO, I CAN JUST READ IT BETTER....REMEMBER, I'M GETTING OLD.
 


At January 5, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Blogger Mary said........
Manda you need to come over again, after we're all not sick anymore. We have all 3 pirates movies, we should have a marathon. I have a really cool spagetti pot to give you too. It's one where you can lift the inside out to drain the noodles. And 2 frying pans, and a coupla sauce pans. They aren't anything special but they work. Oh and those bowls and utensils too. So you guys HAVE to come over eventually.

And patty, typing in all caps online is considered yelling :p I really don't know how you can read it better, it hurts my eyes...but that could just be the stuffy head too...